- Ausangate - Rainbow Mountain - Red Valley 2D/1N -
Pick-up location: Your accommodation (available for hotels located in Cusco).
Pick-up time: 5:00 – 6:00 a.m. approx.
Contact: Marcelo Barreto +51 926284292 or José Carlos +51 98336584
Day 1 - Cusco - Pitumarca - Quesiuno - Puka Pass - Anantapata - Warmisaya Pass (Minasniyuc Pass) - Surineqocha
We’ll pick you up very early to start your adventure. We’ll make our way to the starting point in Quesiuno to have breakfast. We’ll begin hiking through a stunning green valley and see the Ausangate Mountain in the distance. You’ll get to observe rural Andean communities and see how they live off the land. We’ll keep hiking to the Puka Pass. We’ll have a short break and then continue to Anantapata for lunch.
Once we’re full and ready to hike again, we’ll ascend to the highest point of the day at the Warmisaya Pass. We’ll catch your first glimpse of Rainbow Mountain from here! Then, we’ll continue to our camp for the night at Surineqocha Lagoon and enjoy dinner and some well-deserved sleep.
Día 2 - Surineqocha - Montaña de Colores, Vinicunca - Valle Rojo - Llacto - Cusco
We’ll wake up at 4:00 am and enjoy breakfast before we make our way to Rainbow Mountain. We’ll get there before the rest of the tourist groups and avoid the large crowds. Spend some time taking in the incredible landscapes and capturing some photos before continuing on to the Red Valley.
It’ll then be time to make your way down from the mountains and enjoy some lunch. From there, our private transport will take us back to our accommodation in Cusco.
What is included?
- Return transportation from your accommodation in Cusco.
- Pre-departure briefing with your guide.
- Certified specialized guide.
- Camping equipment.
- Duffel bag of 7 kilos of personal items carried by muleteers.
- First aid kid.
- Satelital phone.
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches y 1 dinner.
- Filtered water at all camps.
- Tickets and entrance to Vinicunca.
What is not included?
- Sleeping bag: If you don’t have one, you can rent one from us for 10 USD for the whole trek.
- Trekking pools: If you don’t have pools, you can rent from us for 10 USD for the whole trek.
- Dinner on the second day.
- Additional expenses.
We suggest you pack:
- A small backpack. We recommend you carry a backpack of 25 to 30 liters, but if you prefer, you can take an everyday backpack if you feel comfortable with it.
- Sleeping bag.
- Trekking pools.
- Layers (fleece, warmers, etc).
- Rain Equipment (waterproof pants, jacket, or poncho) *critic during the rainy season*
- Small towel.
- Toothbrush, and other personal items.
- Water bottle.