- INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2D / 1N -
The Inca trail 2D/1N is one of the most beautiful treks to Machu Picchu for those tight on time but still want to feel the energy of the ancient paths and glimpse Machu Picchu from the heights of the sun gate. You’ll hike along 12 kilometers of this alternative Inca trail where you will discover archaeological remains, dense forests, waterfalls, and native flora and fauna—all without the usual crowds along the 4-day trek. The 2-day hike is a generally peaceful trek for those who like tranquility and nature.
We’ll start the trek in the archeological site of Cochabamba, hiking uphill for 3 hours to Wiñay Wayna and another two hours to Machu Picchu. After taking in our first views of Machu Picchu, we descend to the town of Aguas Calientes where we will rest and recharge our bateries before our guided visit to Machu Picchu on Day 2. If you are tight on time and are in good physical condition to do so, you may also choose to complete this entire trek in a single day, completing your trek and exploring Machu Picchu in the same day.
- Visit Machu Picchu twice, in the afternoon of the first day and in the morning of the second day.
- Hike along original Inca trail to Wiñay Wayna
- Enjoy the beautiful views of the Vilcanota Valley.
- Enter Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate.
- Be one of the firsts to enter Machu Picchu.
- Enjoy the guiding tour lead by an expert.
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 INCA TRAIL – MACHU PICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES
We start the day picking you up from your hotel between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m. to transfer you to the train station of Ollantaytambo (1.5 hrs away). Here you will boar the train around 6:00 am. towards km 104 of the railway line where the Inca trail 2 days stars. Here you will also meet your tour guide and pass the official check point of the Inca Trail. We’ll begin with a 3-hour uphill hike towards to the archaeological complex of Wiñay Wayna, where you will have time to explore amazed by the views and nature.
Afterwards, we will have lunch and walk for another 2 hours to the Intipunku (Sun Gate), from where you will have a spectacular view of Machu Picchu. We will continue walking for about 45 minutes towards Machu Picchu and spend time taking pictures and enjoying the magic of this ancient city. Then you will take a bus for 30 minutes to the nearby town of Aguas Calientes where you will spend a night in the hotel also enjoy dinner in one of the restaurants of the town.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
On day 2 we will start the day pretty early around 4:00 am to get ready, grab your packed breakfast and begin the 30-minute walk to the Puente Ruinas checkpoint, where you will have to show your passport and Machu Picchu tickets. After this we will climb the stairs for about one hour until we arrive at the Machu Picchu main gate, where we will show our passports and tickets again before entering the complex. Once everyone is at the gate, we begin the 2.5-hour guided tour of Machu Picchu, learning everything about The Lost City of the Incas. After the guided tour, you will have free time to explore the Inca city of Machu Picchu on your own before walking back to Aguas Calientes for your 14:55 train departure back to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo, you will transfer to a shuttle and finish the route to Cusco, arriving at the main square around 6:00 pm.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Transfer from Cusco to the train station of Ollantaytambo.
- A professional tour guide prepared in first aid and experienced in the route and history.
- Second guide for groups of more than 9 people.
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to km. 104.
- Entrance ticket for the Inca trail 2 days.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu for the first and second day.
- 1 night in hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes on day 1.
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- 01 breakfast, 01 lunch, 01 dinner.
- Return train from Machu Picchu town to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo Station to your hotel in Cusco.
What’s not included?
- Breakfasts of the first day (bring some snacks & water!).
- Lunch of the second day.
- Extra expenses.
We suggest you pack
- Rain jacket or poncho.
- Walking Shoes.
- Water bottle.
- Personal medicines suggested by your doctor.
- Your student ID — this is important, you will need to prove your student credential at the Machu Picchu checkpoint!
INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2D-1N Group service – VERSION 2021 (March 2021 – January 2022)
RETURN BY CAR:
- Student: 299 USA Dollars
- Adult: 329 USA Dollars
RETURN BY TRAIN:
- Student: 360 USA Dollars
- Adult: 390 USA Dollars
- HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN
- MACHU PICCHU MONTAÑA
- SLEEPING BAG
- TREKKING POLES
If you are a student and apply to the student discount, you need to send us a copy or picture of both side of your STUDENT CARD and a picture or photo of your PASSPORT in order to verify your information. You must show the original student ID from the university in PVC (plastic) and it must have the next requirements printed on it: University information, personal student information, student picture and expiration date valid for one especific year. The discount apllies until 25 year old students. ISIC cards are not valid for the discount.
Book this tour!
Fill out the form and we will contact you soon.